Hello, and Happy Mother’s Day!
Normally, I’d put a cringe picture on Facebook or Instagram of me and my Mum. I’d write something ironic, or share a private joke to maintain my air of mystery… However, this year I thought I would do something a little different. Here are all of the reasons my Mum is the coolest thing:
- She is my personal IT technician, for when I think my laptop is broken but I actually just turned the WiFi off…
- Her pasta bake is the best thing I’ve ever tasted.
- Her nachos come in a close second though.
- She has the best sense of humour, ever.
- I have her to thank for my wardrobe- whether we’re talking things I’ve ‘borrowed’ or the surprise orders she makes.
- She doesn’t go crazy when I make slightly strange decisions, like bleaching my hair or refusing to go to uni.
- She has that ability to walk into the room and just find the thing I’ve lost, without even trying.
- People see us and say stuff like ‘You two are so funny, me and my Mum are never like that!’. Okay that’s probably only happened like 4 times but still!
- She buys the best presents ever- things I’d never think I’d want or even need.
- I also have her to thank for my intelligence- not to sound big headed or anything! She helped me with homework for years, encouraged me and kept me sane through years of exams.
- She has given me the best musical education.
- She’s also taken us to so many gigs, shows and concerts.
- Continuing the music theme, she fangirls just as hard as I do, if not more.
- She’s my therapist- full on conversations while I’m laid out across the sofa.
- As annoying as I am, she has accepted that I will always empty the biscuit jar before anyone else gets a look in.
- She’s totally cool with us sleeping in till noon and having a bed day weekend.
- She takes the mickey out of me.
- We can both watch The Proposal, Miss Congeniality, Bridget Jones, Legally Blonde, What Happens in Vegas, again and again and again.
- She has somehow made the cat love her, and hate almost everyone else- it’s magic.
- Her job inspired me to apply for my job, and my job is so cool so she can have credit for that!
- She lets me borrow all of her books.
- She has some of the coolest friends- my ‘earth Mums’, big sister types, aunts and besties!
- When I am ill, or exhausted, she immediately becomes my carer- I’m talking helping me, an adult, get dressed and almost carrying me home.
- She’s great at Snapchat- especially her random filtered selfies.
- Speaking of Snapchat, she’s actually pretty great at social media in general!
- She’s really good at DIY.
- How many Mum’s will just sing- no, rap- a Kany song, word for word?
- She knows gossip before I do, and always make me feel like the less cool, older one.
- I think she’s accepted that I will never dance as well as she does.
- She only mocked me a little bit when the Mother’s Day cupcakes I baked went wrong, and she ate them anyway!
- She’s an actual cool Mum.
I reserve the right to add to this list, whenever I need to! How did you spend Mother’s Day this year?
Till next time,